1. goto www.get.adobe.com/flashplayer2. select .tar.gz for other Linux from the drop down list and click on Download now.
3. it will ask you select the location of the file. browse the location where you want to download the file click on OK.
4. once the file is downloaded, open terminal window and goto the location of downloaded file using cd command
5. check if the file is available in terminal window using ls command (this step is however optional)
7. type tar xzvf install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz in the terminal window to extract the file
8. finally, type cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins to copy the files
You are done installing flash player